Monday, May 24, 2010

Goodbye Lost

It was the end of Lost last night as I'm sure you all know. I have watched it compulsively since the first episode and really have no idea what I'm going to do with my tv life now. I also heard that Flash Forward was being canceled, so now I really might as well just cancel my cable.

As for the last episode of LOST....

What?!

Seriously. I'm still confused. Maybe not as much as I was in episode 1 & 2 or the first time we saw the smoke monster, but I have to admit.... I don't quite understand the, 'they're all dead' part. When was it that everyone was dead? Did the 2 worlds intertwine? What about Kate and Hurley who flew away? Where are they going?

Now I am glad that they all reunited and Claire and Charlie got back together. We were missing quite a few from the very end though... And why did Charlotte & Daniel not have memories flood back in?

What about Jack and Juliet's son? and John yelling... you don't have a son! and then he wasn't dead... was he?

Anyways, I think I may have to just rent the whole thing and start over.

What did you think? I'd love some explanations!

1 comment:

  1. I will miss Lost so much, too. And Flash Forward being cancelled makes it even worse!

    As far as the ending, I think that Kate and the people in the plane did get off the island and probably lived their lives in the real world until they died. From the beginning I assumed that they were living under the rules of nature as we understand them and once I realized at the end that the "reality" they depict is something completely "other" (if you will), all that I know and understand about reality goes out the window. I think it's almost like a math problem where all the information needed to solve it is not provided. You just have to accept that you don't have all the information you need to make sense of it and believe it will somehow be resolved.

    From the beginning the authors said that the show was not really about people on an island or people trying to get off an island. After seeing the end, I think it was only about people. I think they were trying to show us how people can overcome their pasts and how even flawed people can find love. I guess since most of the broken relationships were restored, it gave me a sense of satisfaction. That's why I don't care so much about the unanswered questions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails