Friday, August 26, 2011

7 weeks






Noah,
Today you are 7 whole weeks old! You are precious and we think you are pretty much the best thing in the world. I pray for you every day, sometimes many many times a day and a lot of times the same prayers. I pray that God will protect you (A LOT), keep you healthy and help me to teach you his ways. I pray you will know and love the Lord and your life will be of service to him. He blessed us with you 7 weeks ago and we are so very thankful!



The past 7 weeks
- have flown by!
- you learned to smile. (you laughed a few times in your sleep, but it doesn't count yet.)
- I think you can now see me across the room.
- you can follow me with your eyes as I move away from you.
- you are eating 4 - 6 ounces of breastmilk every 3 to 4 hours! I think you are a piglet :)
- you are typically sleeping 5 - 6 hours in a row at night and surprised us with 8.5 last night!
- you LOVE your baths. Unfortunately the whole process only takes about 5 minutes and I try to stretch it to 10, but there just isn't that much to do in there yet.
- you hate being swaddled and want to be FREEE! :)
- you don't mind tummy time because you think that I'm actually letting you go to sleep on your tummy...
- you are sleeping in a swing because you don't like being swaddled and you can't stop wiggling around when we put you in your crib.
- you love your paci, and I mean LOVE!
- you have no idea that Logan and Sierra try to sneak licks to your feet every hour or so.
- you can hold on to things like your paci or a toy and wave it around, but I don't think you know you are doing it yet, lol.

We are definitely still figuring things out, but hopefully we'll all get better and better about that as you start to fall into a routine (which I think we are in the slow process of!).

I am going to miss you terribly when I go back to work next week, but I know that you have gotten bigger and stronger than you were a few weeks ago. I have loved every second of being home with you and learning who you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails