Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday!!!!


Our sweet boy turned ONE on Sunday. Two days after we moved into our new home. We had a party the week before in anticipation of moving and some family being out of town. It was very low key, a swimming pool, some friends, family and cake. What else do you need?



At 12 months, N is:
- not walking on his own just yet
- has taken 3 or 4 steps though!
- doing a three-leg crawl a lot, which may mean we are getting closer
- working on losing the bottle, but we go through days where we want nothing to do with the bottle, and then days where he won't drink anything if its not in a bottle, I'm waiting to hear what our doctor says next week to full transition. Right now we just keep pushing the sippy cups.
- on whole milk and loves it!
- says mama to me a lot and byebye (ba-ba) while waving, so I'm pretty sure there's meaning behind both of those :)
- waves a lot
- eats EVERYTHING except apples, lol
- still sleeps at least 12 hours at night, mostly from 6:30 - 7ish
- loves other kids SO MUCH
- but loves dogs even more, I really wish our two dogs liked him. They seem to still hope he's just a visitor
- still riding rear-facing in the car, but in a bigger car seat. He seems very content backwards and since it came out that kids are safer backwards until two, we aren't rushing to turn him around. I doubt we'll make it until two, but as long as he's happy as could be, I see no reason to rock the boat.
- wants to go EVERYWHERE, he is 90 mph a lot of the day. He would love to play with all things not baby toys. plugs, fans, stairs, phones, you know... dangerous expensive items.

LOVE this shirt, from etsy :) (I'll try to find the link)
 
We had pictures taken a few weeks ago and got them all back last week in hopes that I would print a large one for his birthday party. So far they haven't made it off the disc, however I do LOVE them. Here are some of my favorites:




















All the cousins ^ hilarious!


Post-move update coming soon, maybe while I'm traveling to SEATTLE on Thursday!!! YAY! Pray for safe travels and that I can emotionally survive missing my baby for that long. :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh those pictures are so precious!!!! I can't believe he is one!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails