Thursday, November 5, 2009

27 before 27

So, I had a moment of crisis today as I realized in 6 months I'm going to be.... 27!!!!! Where did THAT come from?! Whew.... So, to make turning 27 on the 27th more fun I've decided to make a list of 27 things that I will do before I turn 27! :) I haven't been able to think of 27 things to do though, so any suggestions would be wonderful!

1. Go on a cruise! (I've never been and I've been saving and saving my credit card rewards so Ben and I can go on one). I'll accept a honeymoon vacation with Ben also.
2. Go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Any other semi-close very touristy place I've never been.
3. Stop being such a Scrooge and spend some money on something fun (see above and below) :)
4. Blog at least once a week.
5. Pass the APTTP (December)
6. Pass the School Counseling Praxis Exam (January)
7. Lose 10lbs...
8. Get Ben and I's first Christmas tree! (Yes we've been married for almost 3 Christmases and never had a Christmas Tree - see #3).
9. Join a bible study.
10. Start and Finish my wedding album (again... its been almost 3 years).
11. Paint a room in my house! - I've been wanting to paint my house for over 3 years and can't ever bring myself to pick a color and commit. Well Jeris picked out some wonderful colors and went to Benjamin Moore in Greystone to find them, so I'm either going to just copy hers :) Or go there and ask for help of my own. :) My entire house right now is:


Bunny Grey... seriously, the whole house.
12. Refinish this very old trunk... this is very much past my 'sand and paint' technique... not sure I know where to start.
13. Exercise! I previously had this as go to the gym, but since the gym and my house are 35+ minutes away, its not likely that I get there any more often, so I must improvise!
14. (Your suggestion goes here).
15. Go to the peanut festival (I was starting to get overwhelmed and this one is already set in stone). :)
16. Landscape! This really involves splitting all my bulbs in my flower beds... its time.
17. Have a dinner party (or two).
18. Do something nice with our 'office/guest room'.
19. Go rock crawling with Ben again... I really do love to go but never have the time to.
20. Read some books! I have SO many books on my shelf unopened... Many of them are counseling-related books, but still I need to read something other than textbooks!
21. Find a job! This is a very bitter-sweet one because I have a wonderful job, but will soon be graduating and looking for a counseling position. This would be amazing if I knew where it would be by my birthday.
22. Go to Tallahassee.
23. Learn to drive the Ford F250.
24. Apply for a scholarship.
25. Pass the NCE. (I know, I took this already I know, but I don't know if I've passed or not, so its definitely something fun to add to my list and if I don't pass, then I will before I turn 27!)
26. Thank God every single day for the SO many blessings he's given me.
27. Take off work on my birthday and celebrate because it will be my 27th birthday on the 27th!!!! Golden Birthday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay #15!!! Other ideas... riding an elephant at the peanut festival. let the carnie guess your weight game at the peanut festival. Eat peanuts off the street at the peanut parade. Have your picture taken with the peanut queen. all these things are next weekend, so you could get a good start on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... eat peanuts off the street may definitley have to go in # 14... that is a GOOD one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails