Friday, November 20, 2009

5 Question Friday


Mama M over at My Little Life is having a blog carnival for 5 question Friday! So here it goes...

1. Are you a Black Friday shopper?

YES! I love love love it. Something about digging through the ads on Thanksgiving day, making a plan of what stores open first and what stores have the best deals, clipping the extra savings coupons (which you know are my favorite),waking up at 4:30 am and convincing my husband to come with me (even MORE fun!).

Last year I was a little disappointed in Macy's because I planned and planned my Macy's trip out to buy Ben's 'only-shoe-he'll-wear' Wallabees for $89.99 (originally $120). Well, I ended up missing the deal. So I went later the next week to buy them and they were 50% off AND I had a coupon. Ended up paying $45!!! SUCH a better deal than was advertised on Black Friday. So Macy's is now off my Black Friday list. Walmart, however, definitely still on the list.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? (Think Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kid, Shrinky Dinks, etc.)

I'm going to have to go with Skip-it on this one.

Mainly because I got it for my birthday one year (I know not Christmas) and I had never been so excited to get a present in my life. I immediately started 'skipping-it' and whacked my best friend in the ankle, who proceeded to cry hysterically the rest of MY birthday party. I mean c'mon.

3. Favorite Christmas movie?

Can I tell you what my LEAST favorite Christmas movie is instead? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. If I never saw this movie again it would be a wonderful thing. It makes me so uncomfortable and anxious.



But okay, okay, I'll play along... I'm going to go with Ghostbusters II.

(What? You say that isn't a Christmas Movie?! Wanna bet... its on this list, so I win.) Don't you remember the crowd of people singing Auld Lang Syne outside the museum when its encased in a big pink blobby shell?!

4. What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?

My real must have item is a vacation. I'm not 100% sure what Ben and I are actually giving each other for Christmas, but a cruise/vacation WILL be included. We are looking to go on a cruise in March. This will definitely be a splurge and much-needed vacation! I am so excited. I've been trying stop being a scrooge (See # 3) and do something fun and this definitely falls in that category.


5. Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?
Again, see # 3 and # 8. Ben and I have never had a Christmas Tree. Partly because we were poor newly-weds in school and partly because last year we were in North Carolina for Christmas visiting his family and the year before we were in Florida visiting mine (I know, I'm full of excuses).
However, last year Ben's amazing Aunt Anne gave me a TON of beautiful Christmas ornaments, a tree-skirt, lights, etc. So the ONLY thing I have to come up with this year is the tree! (It was so daunting to think about starting from scratch with buying Christmas decorations. No one told me I should have registered for some when we got married... that may have helped this problem not go on for so long, but this year WILL be different and we are going all out (which hopefully will still fall in the category of simple and classy).






MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Great answers and I hope you get that vacation! I am now a follower (mainly because you think Ghostbuster II rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good friend broke her ankle using skip it and I was scared of it ever since! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails