Monday, June 7, 2010

Movie Review: Letters to Juliet

Yes, I saw 2 movies this weekend! Can you believe it?!

I saw Letters to Juliet with my mom yesterday and it was WONDERFUL!

It was a little hard for me to get used to Amanda Seyfried as an adult in this movie and not a high school Mormon from Big Love (even though she's only 2 years YOUNGER than me), but if you can adjust to seeing her in a romantic/comedy instead of Kate Hudson then you'll love it!

It is sweet, funny, endearing, romantic.

Everything needed to take your mind off of reality for an hour and 45 minutes.

I won't spoil it for you for those that haven't seen it, but I would very much recommend this one. I would see it again. Probably one for the DVR that I could stand to watch 100 times.

I think the thing that makes this movie that much sweeter is the actual history of two of the actors. The very famous Vanessa Redgrave and Franco Nero met on the set of Camelot in 1966 and had a child together in the late 60s. They didn't stay together and Vanessa eventually married someone else and had 2 other children. Then 30 years later they reunited and got married! How cute!

Well they are also the older couple in Letters to Juliet, so you really must go see this movie.

4 comments:

  1. My Mom and I went to see it a few weeks ago and we loved it as well. I did know they were married, but didn't know that history. That is so cool! I felt like the ending was just a bit cheesey, but still great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to see Letters to Juliet yesterday...oh gosh, it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that back story! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails