Sunday, December 13, 2009

I need a pantry.

While waiting for Ben to turn the power back on in our den, I thought I'd update with my LONG overdue trip to CVS & Publix this morning. It was reported that the Publix Penny item was hot chocolate, but when I got there it was Kraft BBQ sauce (that I already have 2 or 3 of in my 'pantry', ugh...) Which brings me to WHY I need a pantry.


I had not grocery shopped in 3 to 4 weeks, we were completely out of butter..... try planning dinner by starting with, "what doesn't need butter...." Ben was out of all his lunch supplies.... the poor guy has eaten turkey sandwiches and a yogurt every day for over 3 years and is still keeping on.... so I can't complain that all he asks for is some cheap-o turkey and a yogurt a day. Well, you'd think my shelves would be bare after that, but that is just the problem. I have no room!!!! My shelves are full. They're full of spices and cereal and sugar, flour, corn meal, cream of mushroom soup. So there is no room for the real food we actually eat daily


I thought about where this was all going to go on my way home from Publix and almost convinced myself that Ben needed to go out as soon as I got home to buy the 8' x 12" pantry cabinet at Lowe's. One look at the budget and that thought was squashed. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. (I never dreamed the day would come that I would ask for a cabinet for Christmas)...

So the totals for today are.......
Spent: $172 - yikes... however I think I bought over a months worth of food, a ton of toiletries, Christmas wrapping supplies, candles and kitchen necessities.
Saved: $160 - wahoo! AND I still have $6 extra bucks to CVS. So I nearly spent as much as I saved, but if I didn't put off my shopping for over a month I should have done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails