Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Red, Cream, Turquoise, Brown???

There are many things I wish I knew when I was getting married, but one particular one is:

1. Register for Fiestaware b/c it is microwave safe, oven safe, and dishwasher safe.

Instead I registered for these:
Laurie Gates "Anna" - I think they are beautiful, BUT they were NOT chip resistant or microwave safe. (They can tolerate a few seconds of microwave, but after a bit they tend to send lines crackling through them as if they are going to break). I had the black dinner plates, white salad plates and black bowls. Love the salad plates... the dinner plates are all chipped and cracked though.

I had no idea that one day I would really wish I'd registered for Fiestaware. Well, I'm asking for some for Christmas from our family, but I can't make up my mind on a color! My mom says, white.... because that is what she likes and thinks that any color would be crazy. I loved my black plates and I also have a very bright green individual salad bowl that is wonderful and wish I had a ton more of. So to color or not to color?


Round or Square?
I like square... but I like the colors of the round ones.
I like the red or turquoise.... my house is very gray, black/white, some reds/purples.

So what do you think??

4 comments:

  1. I have fiesta! It is the best. I have baby blue plates and greyish-white big bowls. Sometimes I wish I had white plates because then i could accessorize the different color bowls easier. I did end up getting the fun funky colors for some serving plates and stuff. Let me know if you need any help picking it out, i love doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I did the same thing. I registered for semi-fine china and thought I would use it everyday. But since it can't go in the microwave or dishwasher on hot (well what else do ya use?) We are using daniels uber cheap dishes he had before we were married. -Hmmm maybe one christmas I'll get some new ones too. But that's not what you were asking for...
    My vote: Round and white. Then if you want to add something fun, go with square salad, in brown or red(could go christmas). White is great for dishes and it displays nicely if you ever have glass doors. hence term "white ware".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still vote red! It's so fun! You already have the nice china. Time to get something fun that you'll use all the time! :)

    If you don't get red, I'm not registering for china when/if I get married! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red! Please go with Red! I really love red mixed with black, grey, white, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails