Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My version of chili

I was once told that chili was supposed to be made from everything left over in your fridge - beans, various meats, veggies, etc.

Most of my meals are really not from recipes and I have a hard time making them again, and this one is not any different... But I wanted to inspire you to create something out of nothing and share it with me b/c I do need actual recipes with lots of specifics for things to turn out right.... even sometimes that doesn't work.

Since I came home from my momentous grocery trip I had to use up any leftovers that were moments from spoiling...yum.

Here is what ended up getting cooked:

1 to 2 green bell peppers - chopped
1 random quantity of black beans (we always have these in the fridge for such an occasion)
1.5 or so cups of brown rice
1/2 a container of sour cream
shredded cheese

I stirred this all together and cooked it in the oven for about 30 or so minutes and it was amazing! I'm sure there is a specific recipe to add a few more things to make it better, but I loved it. It was wonderful with corn chips. Ben wished it was 'hotter' but from the man who eats habaƱero peppers in everything I let that go in one ear and out the other. I love new recipes so anything you would like to leave as a comment is greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Sticking with the theme of your meal:

    Black Bean Soup
    1 can of black beans and
    1 can of diced tomatoes with chili's.

    You can add the sour cream, cheese and chips too. I bet to make it hardier you could put in diced up chicken.
    These two cans are my go to at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails