Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day before the beach recipes!


I am going to the beach tomorrow (!!!!) and am SO not bathing suit ready.... but decided to try and cut down on the grocery shopping while there (and save my precious pennies), so I cleaned out my cabinets and made anything google could think of.

Here is what ensued:
Raisin Bran Muffins (I have a TON of cereal since I'm not drinking milk)


These are REALLY good, but I would add more raisins next time. I also tried this recipe because these are really good at a local restaurant, but I don't have buttermilk, so I used skim milk.... not such a wonderful idea. The raisins sank to the bottom and they didn't exactly rise like a muffin should. First batch of Kellogg's version is much better. But here is the thing, when I've had these in the past they are a very brown muffin. My version? More white. I don't get it.

Cheerio Breakfast Bars


These look awful, but they are FABULOUS and dairy-free! Although, not so much sugar-free. I followed the recipe for the 'healthier' version. I also attempted one WITH chocolate that I was making for Ben for his weekend, but they didn't turn out at all. They are VERY crumbly. Not real sure what I did wrong, but I'm pretty fantastic at not being able to reproduce recipes. Even with it all written down.

Cookie mix that was B1G1 at Publix today = 48 cookies for $2. I'd say that is a deal!!


And if you are thinking, "NONE of that is on your diet...." I know. It sucks. I did have a muffin and a cereal bar. I'm doing good on the cookies though!

These are for the other 21 people going. For me, I plan on taking a cooler filled with: Lettuce, celery, carrots, dressing, sunflower seeds, strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas and 1 cantaloupe! That should get me through Sunday and if we happen to eat out I have been ordering grilled chicken salads with oil and vinegar hold the cheese.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails