Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Stealing

I love when Melissa does Sunday Stealing, so I decided to join in on her fun!

1. What were doing 10 years ago?
I was 16 going on 17 (yes I just sang that out loud to you sound of music style). But really I was. I had just lost three very close friends and was about to lose a 2 more along with my future sister-in-law's father. It was a weird 4 months to say the least. It was a year that brought my friends and I very close and took us through a time that no one should have to experience.

2. Five snacks that you enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world.
1. Grape Salad that my friend Haley makes. It is FABULOUS!
2. Peanut-Butter & Graham Crackers
3. Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
4. Chips & Salsa/Cheese Dip
5. Spinach & Artichoke Dip.... seriously, I love dip.

3. Five things you would do if you were a billionaire:
1. Pay off my student loans!
2. Sell our cute little house and buy one that is just a little bigger with a detached shop for Ben to work on his vehicles and a flat yard for all our kids & dogs to play in.
3. Fix/spay the stray dogs that roam my neighborhood.
4. Travel! Ireland, Australia, take Ben to the Redwood Forest, Alaska, Grand Canyon, Hawaii! (That is more than 5).
5. Buy my bedroom furniture.

4. Three of your habits:
1. Putting my makeup on in the car. (I know this one is awful. Every single morning I try to NOT run out of time, but it never happens.)
2. Chapstick. I am complusive about it. I will stop in the middle of nowhere if I cannot find a chapstick. Thankfully I try to have one in every pocket of my purse/car/jackets/etc.
3. I get water every single night before bed and take maybe 3 sips. Its my 'in case of emergency' water that Ben doesn't understand.

5. Five jobs that you've have had:
1. Dry Cleaners - customer service, not an actual cleaner or presser.
2. Day Care/Preschool Teacher
3. Server/Waitress at many places
4. Mortgage Loan Officer
5. Office Manager

6. Five places that you've lived:
1. Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2. Ponte Vedra, Florida
3. Holland Township, New Jersey
4. Auburn, Alabama
5. Tuscaloosa, Alabama

7. Five things that you did yesterday:
1. Slept in.
2. Took my nephew to see The Wizard of Oz at the local theater, so cute!
3. Took him to get a hair cut because he looked like a homeless man.
4. Drove 45 minutes to my parents house and back.
5. Saw 2 rainbows next to each other while Austin tried to convince me to follow just one of them so he could find the leprechaun. I think he was pretty serious too.

8. Five people you would want to get to know more about:
(Does this mean I get to meet them? If so:)
1. The cast of The Office
2. Martha Stewart (I really need her skills to rub off on me a bit).

9. Abortion: for or against it?
Against it.
But I don't think it is a black or white issue. I am NOT a fan of abortion used as a form of birth control, but I cannot tell you what I would do if I was a teenager, raped and pregnant... But people who carelessly get pregnant and continue to have abortions... make me very angry.

10. Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
World? That is awfully dramatic. No... but I have not found a woman that I personally would vote for.

11. Do you believe in the death penalty?
Yes.

12. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
Uh... no. I really couldn't care less.

13. Are you for or against premarital sex?
Against, although I wish I could say I stuck with that.

14. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?

Apparently I should have read ALL the questions before committing to this post, wow.

I'm on the fence. BUT, my thing is if there is a separation of church and state, why can't the state just recognize the marriage and then they could get the tax benefits and insurance benefits, but the church wouldn't have to perform ceremonies or recognize it.

15. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?
No, but we do need regulations so the Hispanics who want to become citizens, live & work here honestly can do so without all the problems. Then we could have a better handle on the illegal aliens who are criminals and need to be deported. We definitely need a change in the entire process.

16. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?
Nope.

17. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
Nope

18. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?
I'm on the fence.

19. Do you believe in spanking your children?
Yes, although I can't tell you if I will do it or how often. I don't see a problem with it though. Do you know that many schools here in Alabama still paddle children? (I think that is another southern word).

20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Yep!

Okay, that one was rough, I'm going to need you to link up or post your answers in my comments immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - your #1 & #2 of your habits - exactly like me! I never have time to put on makeup at home & i do it on the road also! I only do it at red lights & i still manage to know when to go when the light turns green! if i tell people that, they don't believe me, but it's true! HA!

    I love your other answers too - & yeah - i almost didn't do it b/c of the topics, but then thought "what the heck" LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails