Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I think this is a first for me, although I have been thankful before for sure, I'm just now giving it a fun picture that I borrowed from Katie, since it is a Thursday!

I have been SURROUNDED by negativity today. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, but I have bumped into it a few times today and managed to shake it. So in honor of all the negativity, I'm going to counteract it with what I am thankful for today.

- a feeling of significance because I am a child of God.
- the opportunity to intern for 3 entire semesters!
- the relationships I have with mentors.
- a garage to put my car.
- the opportunity to shower every single day.
- fresh produce & whole foods Mediterranean dressing (amazing!)
- that I led two small groups today with some wonderfully crazy children.
- that I do not have head lice like the rest of the itty bitty kids at my school.

I do believe that being an optomist is a skill & a learned behavior that takes practice. Its good to remind myself to practice. Its hard sometimes and sometimes I fail miserably, but I get to pick myself up the next day (or two or three days later) and try again. We are the only ones in control of our happiness, and what a blessing that is! Can you imagine if someone else got to choose our attitude!? Or if we LET someone else decide our attitude? What a waste of precious little time. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so why waste today being miserable?

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

  1. Can I be thankful I don't have head lice too! That would seriously freak me out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for this post..it brought tears to my eyes! I try my hardest to be an optomist too and you are right, it is something you have to work on and practice everyday. We are in charge of our own happiness! I'm thankful for you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! I love that you added the dressing in there...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ew, so glad you don't have lice! i had it in 6th grade & my hair was LONG it was a nightmare! I think it would be worse at this age, even though my hair is not as long! LOL.

    yay for being positive & thankful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails