Thursday, March 25, 2010
I think this is a first for me, although I have been thankful before for sure, I'm just now giving it a fun picture that I borrowed from Katie, since it is a Thursday!
I have been SURROUNDED by negativity today. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, but I have bumped into it a few times today and managed to shake it. So in honor of all the negativity, I'm going to counteract it with what I am thankful for today.
- a feeling of significance because I am a child of God.
- the opportunity to intern for 3 entire semesters!
- the relationships I have with mentors.
- a garage to put my car.
- the opportunity to shower every single day.
- fresh produce & whole foods Mediterranean dressing (amazing!)
- that I led two small groups today with some wonderfully crazy children.
- that I do not have head lice like the rest of the itty bitty kids at my school.
I do believe that being an optomist is a skill & a learned behavior that takes practice. Its good to remind myself to practice. Its hard sometimes and sometimes I fail miserably, but I get to pick myself up the next day (or two or three days later) and try again. We are the only ones in control of our happiness, and what a blessing that is! Can you imagine if someone else got to choose our attitude!? Or if we LET someone else decide our attitude? What a waste of precious little time. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so why waste today being miserable?
What are you thankful for today?