Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Women's Retreat

I checked my email yesterday when I got home from school and saw one from my aunt Treecie. She has invited to host me and two of my cousins (we are very close) at a women's retreat in Sandestin, Florida for the weekend before my birthday in April!!!

What a wonderful birthday present!

It is the weekend of April 23-25 and the speaker will be: Jani Ortlund. She is the author of the book Fearlessly Feminine. “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised”! Proverbs 31:30.

I'm thrilled because this is something I've wanted to do for such a long time. I really loved retreats when I was in high school. I always felt completely refreshed and ready to take on everything again. Its been YEARS since I've been on one though. (It also sounds wonderful that it happens to be in Sandestin!) :)

I am really glad it is only women too. As much as I love learning and growing spiritually with Ben, he and I have two completely different learning styles. (I've learned this the hard way by signing us up for the Financial Peace University Bible Study). I take notes and come prepared ready to learn and stays focused for all over 4 minutes and then starts kicking my chair or tapping my arm every couple of minutes (ADD anyone?)...

This is such a fun surprise and wonderful blessing. I'm SO excited!

6 comments:

  1. We're going to have so much fun! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go!!!!!! My best friend is getting married that weekend and Im in the wedding! Ya'll will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I agree with you, I loved retreats growing up! There's nothing better than coming home feeling refreshed and ready to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss retreats! Weren't those the good ole days....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So random! I just got information today about a women's retreat here that same weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails