Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rant of a blond

I have a pet peeve.

Actually I have approximately 739 pet peeves, but I'm going to share just one with you.

I cannot stand it when someone tells me that someone is "such a blond". Today a woman repeatedly told me about a child who she apparently perceives to be an idiot and how she was "just such a blond". (Maybe this irked me because she was yelling and I was all of 2 feet from her, or that I've heard her talk bad about other people/kids frequently before.)

Don't get me wrong, I can laugh at a dumb-blond joke or two, but I cannot stand when someone tells me that someone is an idiot/blond in a serious manner. Do they think that is funny?! Do they think it is helping any children to hear that from an adult?! Do they think that I just happen to dye my hair this color and therefore it is okay to tell me that natural blonds must be idiots?!

Because its not funny... it harms kid's self-esteem to hear it... I do not dye my hair... and I do take it offensively.

Anyways... seriously. How would she handle it if I was like, so and so is such an idiot... but then again they are _a loud negative person like you_.

Some people need a 10 second delay from their brain to their mouth.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I highlight my hair blonde (though it naturally looked like this when i was younger - just got darker as i got older) & my sister has naturally blond hair too (about your color). And i don't like it either. It makes no sense. It's hurtful. I've had people say that to me being serious! (Thinking my blonde is natural).

    They do this with fat comments too. Which i know fat is something that you can/should change & blonde isn't, but you know what i mean - it's just RUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie, I could use that delay from brain to mouth you're talking about!

    But, I feel you on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails