Monday, October 25, 2010

Bible Verses

Day 15: Favorite Bible Verse

I don't really have one particular one, other than the typical ones that I recite to myself on a daily basis....
The two on the side of my screen:
Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Romans 8: 28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

But last night while reading Matthew (I'm attempting to read the entire bible. I actually left that off my goals the other day. Sadly, I've never read the entire bible and someone suggested to me to start in the New Testament first and then read the Old Testament, so that is exactly what I'm doing. I just started a couple weeks ago, but better now than never! My goal is to just continue to move forward each day. Some days I get stuck on the same few lines and others I can read a few chapters at a time. I just want to make sure I'm really taking it in and not just reading to get through it.) I came across this verse:

Matthew 18: 19- 20
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

It just reminded me of the importance to pray together as husband and wife. Ben and I pray before every meal together and pray together at the church altar, but we don't actually just pray to pray together very often. Once in awhile over large things, but it really just reminded me that whatever is on his heart should be on my heart and vise versa in the name of the Lord.

I think equally it showed me the importance of praying FOR and WITH other people. We often say that we will pray for someone (and do!), but this verse really showed me the reason we do so rather than to just let God know what is on our hearts, but because God calls us to and he will answer us because WE asked!

The Lord is SO good!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love those verses! I hope that my husband and I will be able to pray together on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails