Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Subpoenas

Today has been a bit of a mess. School started off well, but I have 287 things to do before Thursday and most of them include copies, packets, internet & telephones. While I was in the middle of copying a bunch of paperwork for a counseling program a transformer blew at school and caught a bunch of stuff on fire. We ended up not having to evacuate, but we did lose power for the last hour of school. My plan for over a week has been to stay at school late today so I could finish EVERYTHING I have to do to get ready for testing on Thursday & Friday. Needless to say, a power outage put a severe cramp in my plans.

I still stayed a little late and did what I could by sunlight in my office, but headed home around 4:30 today. One my way home I was bebopping along in the left lane (I hate to admit it, but I really like the left lane for some unknown reason... if no one is behind me I rarely realize I'm in it) when all of the sudden I saw a car on the other side of the interstate swerve into the grassy median.... and the next thing I know it is flipping in the air towards my car!!! No exaggeration, it was the scariest things I have EVER seen in my life. I jerked my wheel to the left causing my car to feel like it was about to roll over itself (thank goodness for Pontiac Vibes being close to the ground) in which I jerked it back to the left to even out.... All I thought was slamming into someone's side has to be better than getting my head chopped off by a car (if in fact I even did think, that was probably what it was).... Tears were in my eyes and my heart was beating 200 bpm the entire way home. I don't think I went over 60 for the rest of the drive! Ugh.... I am so thankful I wasn't on the phone or anything!!

Anyways, so I got home and quickly went to the mail because I am still waiting to receive my ALC (Associate Licensed Counselor) letter that means I can start working on my license. Instead of finding that lovely piece of paper I found a subpoena.

Are you kidding me?!

All I could think was "What have I done?!" I have known many people whose counseling records have been subpoenaed, but this said I had to appear in person! I was very confused for a few minutes as I stared at it trying to grasp why I had to go to court, who could I have messed up counseling for only a total of 9 weeks...

Well, turns out I am being subpoenaed for this wonderful little accident that Ben and I witnessed BACK IN JANUARY! If you don't remember feel free to click on back and history for a refresher. Yes, I in fact went to high school with this person and will now have to testify against him (while he's sober!).

What. A. Day.

I'm not even sure what to think.

Except thank the Lord I'm alive and not the person being charged with a crime!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! That absolutely stinks! I would be a total wreck having to testify against someone I know!!

    BUT I am so happy to hear that you're OK after your little near miss accident! That is super scary lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails