Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 9: A Picture of My Friends

Here's the thing. I don't have just one group of friends. In fact, most of my friends do not hang out together, they are people I've met along the way of going to 3 different universities, 2 different high schools and even since middle school when I moved to Alabama.

Adria and I have been best friends since we were 12. We lived a few houses a way from each other growing up, and had many late night meetings on the sidewalk outside our houses through middle & high school. She is definitely my longest friend I have.


Craig comes in a close 2nd to the longest friend. He was 'one of the girls' in middle school with Adria and I. They didn't stay friends, but he and I did have remained close. He also has an amazing wife and a precious little boy so things couldn't have worked out any better!


Aaron and I became friends in 9th grade and have drifted in and out in the past 13 years, but no matter how long goes between our talks, we're always back to where things left off.
Emily and I graduated in PR together from Auburn. She and I have been through lots of ups and downs (not in our friendship, but more in our lives together). Unfortunately she lives 4 hours away from me, but I love her to pieces and can't wait to see her in 3 weeks!!!


Two more of my best friends are my cousins. We became very close after Ivy's (right) wedding. I am so lucky to call them family AND friends :)
Amber and I met in the counseling program about 3 years ago. She and I really clicked. She has such compassion and is a really great person. We both graduated in school counseling and support each other so well (at least she does for me, I hope I offer the same back!) in what we do. I am so thankful to have her as a colleague AND friend!


Okay, so that is just some of them, but enough pictures. They are all wonderful and I have many more that are amazing people. I just don't have pictures with them all! (HALEY! Why do we not have pictures together?!) Anyways, I love each and every one of them, even the ones that I don't get to see often (sometimes its years before we get to meet for lunch or dinner).

I think that may be the hardest part of growing up. Settling down is wonderful, but I sure do miss meeting everyone at restaurants, swimming pools, cook outs, etc. I really look forward to weddings and reunions because I get to see everyone again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails