Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 8: A Place I Have Traveled

Fortunately for you, I just got back from Florida where I celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday!!!

So Friday afternoon, I ran out of work at 3:15 so I could make it to the house by 3:50 and leave for the airport. My flight wasn't leaving until 6:35, but you never know with flying so we arrived at 5pm.

I met my dad and brother who quickly found the first bar with an open seat on the other side of security. I waited and waited for them to be ready and we rush down to the gate and see that we have a 2 hour delay!!! Fabulous!

2 hours of waiting, searching for a plug for my dad's laptop and trying to avoid the woman clipping her toenails in the floor down the isle from me.... ICK.

Anyways, we finally arrived by midnight, just in time to passout from exhaustion and get up the next morning ready to get everything ready for the party. My grandmother had an AMAZING time so it was worth every moment in the air and the drive back. Here are some pictures of her party and yes, it was a hat party.

My grandmother in the middle, her sister from Maryland and brother from Pennsylvania.

Jessica, Me & AvaMy grandmother & I

Then began the LONG ride home..... it started and ended with this:A very unhappy Ava.

But at least we rode back with these people!
Until this happened:
I'm so glad I'm back though, and today a HUGE meeting was crossed off my list. This week is also testing, so I'm glad to be able to check things off every day. I'm very much looking forward to Saturday though. It will mean that all of my million things I have to do this week are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails