I really still read your blogs, but have not blogged in a long time. I've even written blogs about not blogging, but the truth is, I don't want to blog because the only few things I really want to talk about aren't really blog material....counseling, family gossip and making babies!
So, Brittany is participating in Katie's 30-day Blog Challenge, and I need some NEW things to blog about and get back in the swing of things!
Day 1: Introduce, Recent Picture & 15 Interesting Facts.
Well, I'm D.P. - I am terrible at staying anonymous here, although I really try & want to be :) (mostly for job security purposes... I don't want any of the students or their parents to know about my personal life).
My picture I took today:
This was me trying to take a picture of me in my 'hat' for my mom. My grandmother's 80th birthday party is this weekend and I am VERY excited. Its in Florida, on the beach, at a bar, with an open-bar and the theme is crazy hats. Well I know this isn't exactly a 'hat' but its a headband that is hat-like. I also found a professional photographer down in Florida to come to the party, so I should have a lot of amazing pictures after this weekend (including more of this 'hat').
Here is what I am anxious about though... I'm flying down Friday night with my dad and brother, then Sunday I have to ride back in a car with my mom, dad, brother, pregnant sister-in-law, niece and nephew! I really don't know what makes me more anxious though, the flight down or the drive up! Way too many people for an 8-hour drive!
Onto 15 interesting facts: (Not sure how interesting I can get here)
1. I am a child of God and thank the Lord every day for the blessings he's given us.
2. I have been to Alaska twice.
3. I've hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
4. I love hot air balloons and blimps.5. I equally love convoys & groups of motorcycles on the road. Something about it just makes my day!6. I am a middle-school counselor and absolutely LOVE it. I really love that age (I think that in itself is probably unique).
7. I am working on my licensure in counseling as well as being a school counselor.
8. I have 22 first cousins (I hope I included them all because I actually thought there were more than that) and my husband has 4.
9. My mom had an IUD the entire time she was pregnant with me. (Its safe to say I was an unplanned pregnancy!)
10. I'm a mac.
11. I am an animal lover to the core. We have fostered many dogs, although right now I am out of the fostering business. Its quite stressful trying to train multiple dogs!
12. I want to be able to decorate cakes like a professional one day.
13. I didn't eat meat for 10 years and still struggle with it daily. I just really don't like it. I can stomach chicken and turkey bacon and that's about it.
14. I have a black thumb and can only keep cactus plants alive.
15. It took me an hour to come up with these 15 things. THAT'S how interesting I am.
This week is fall break, so I have Monday & Tuesday off! I love sleeping in :)