Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sleep is not just for the weak


16 weeks


We have a new and wonderful schedule in our household! (This post is mostly for documentation so when baby # 2 may come around and I am sleep deprived and wondering when I will ever get sleep again I can look back and remember how things went with N.)

We dropped another feeding on Saturday and are down to just 4 feedings a day - 7 ounces each. Which put him right on track to start trying the actual 12 hours by 12 weeks schedule (The Sleep Solution book). So Saturday night I laid N down at 6:30 and sure enough he slept until 6:30 the next morning! I had to go in there once and put his paci in around 4am. Well, I was wary the next night because this was giving me a whole new morning routine IF it worked. I would pump first, get ready and then wake him up and feed him before we left for work. Well he did it again! 12 hours!

So today we are officially on our fifth night of our new schedule and things are looking promising (knock on wood!). I was worried about getting into the 12 hour schedule because I had been waking him up at 5 and I did not want him going to sleep at 5 in the afternoon. I would never see him! 6:30 is as late as I can push it and still get to work on time. He just started acting so tired in the evenings waiting on that last feeding, so I thought maybe he was ready for this new schedule (even though apparently some babies are ready at 12 weeks). Our book would read 12 hours by 16 weeks :) (The book did help us get to 8 or so hours by 9 weeks too - very helpful.)

Our amazing sitter (nanny?) who watches N during the day drops him off to me at 3:15, so I feel like I have a good chunk of time with him in the evenings and then in the mornings he talks the WHOLE way to work, where he used to just sleep. It cracks me up!

I would definitely recommend the Baby Sleep Solution book, one of the very few I read because it was so small.


This picture reminds me of how much he likes to hear himself yell. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, getting a baby on a sleep schedule... SO TOUGH! My daughter was so easy, my son... he's another story. We're just starting to let him cry it out at night. He was a great sleeper until about 4-5 months old, and now he's a beast!

    I wanted to let you know that I had to delete your entry from my Shutterfly card giveaway; the rules state that you have to visit Shutterfly and provide a link of which cards you'd choose if YOU won -- not which of my options you like best. I hope you'll come by and re-enter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails