Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Silence

Gosh, 2.5 weeks since my last post.... Where have I been?!

Honestly, I've been right here, doing a whole lot of nothing except working and figuring out how to do my job.

I just haven't had much to post about lately to tell you the truth.

My life has been very and wonderfully boring. I've had 2 weekends in a row of pure nothingnesss, which was also to recover from one terrible sinus infection. But at the same time, it has been wonderful to do nothing. (PS - I'm pretty sure progesterone is the result of my latest sinus infection as it has happened every time I've taken it this year! Have any of you had similar issues with that?)

Some wonderful news: I heard that my certification to be an official school counselor was mailed to my school district a few weeks ago, and although I have yet to see it, I'm still very excited! Yesterday I was supposed to be officially hired by my school system now that the state has granted this certificate. This is amazing because that means I can finally get master's pay instead of substitute pay! Praise the Lord! That is a HUGE difference. It will still be a few months before I'll see it, but I'm very excited to be able to plan a new budget with 2 incomes.

So in the meantime, I'm a very boring, very happy person. I mailed in my application to become an ALC (Associate Licensed Counselor) several weeks ago, but I realized this morning that I didn't send any money. Most places won't give you anything without that check so.... I probably won't hear from them until they see a couple hundred dollars from me. Oops! I haven't minded the break either though. Once I get my ALC, I will begin weekly supervision sessions with my old professor until I have clocked 3000 hours counseling. Then I will be an LPC, Licensed Professional Counselor. Woo! So that is the long term goal. 1 or 2 years down the road that is.

This weekend Ben and I are going to the Auburn game!! Auburn vs. Clemson :) I'm very excited!

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great! :) I am pretty jealous about the LPC. I'm pretty sure that I won't get mine until at least 2044!!! And WOO HOO for bigger paychecks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring is good lady... So glad to hear that things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails