Saturday, September 18, 2010

War Eagle.... from the couch

I sent Ben off to the game. Without me.

I am just SO tired! I really couldn't even think about waking up early, driving 2 hours, tailgating for 6 hours and then finally going to the game to drive home 2 more hours and be home at midnight tonight. I'm just exhausted typing it!

We went out for our neighbors birthday last night too, which was a lot of fun. I volunteered my DD services and we made it home before 1am, but after that I really wanted to sleep in.

I have to vent about something though. We went to a couple of bars around town where what we saw women in their late thirties & forties dressed like girls in high school and blitzed out of their mind. It seriously was like a train wreck that I couldn't help but watch and I felt so sad for them all. I wondered what they had been like 10 or 20 years before, how many kids they had at home or what they were hoping would happen that night. The dancing that was going on as they all tried to seduce the lead singer of a not-so-fabulous Guns-n-Roses cover band. It was just sad. There is so much more to life than that! I just wonder if any of them know that.

So anyways, here's to a day off :) I love Saturdays like this. (I can't even go grocery shopping or any of the other errands because I have no car, so I am forced to have a relaxing, lazy Saturday). Love it!

2 comments:

  1. i love lazy saturdays too! & i know what you mean about those women. i always wonder about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog from Katie's. So I see you typed War Eagle in your post! I live in Auburn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails