Monday, January 9, 2012

6 Months & a few days late



Happy 6 month birthday to my little monkey!

We had a rough 6 month birthday week, with lots of low fevers, plenty of drool and a sleepy boy. He's really been pretty happy considering all the above, but finally today I can feel his two little teeth on the bottom trying to poke up. Hopefully they'll push on through quickly.

What are you doing here teddy?!



The past 6 months have been wonderful! Tiring and yet wonderful. We have fallen into a very good routine. We are home-bodies to begin with, but don't really try to go out to eat or anything with N lately because he goes to sleep at 6:30 and its just not worth trying to console him when he thinks he should be asleep. Thankfully N's wonderful grandmothers are eager to keep him so Ben and I can get out once in awhile.



Here are some stats for our little boy:

We think he is around 17 pounds (I got on the scale with him the other day). We have our official 6 month appointment on Monday, so I'll update then.

He still sleeps at least 12 hours at night and takes a 2 hour nap in the morning and a 1 hour nap in the afternoon. Baby LOVES some sleep.

He loves his jumper! And I love watching babies in those things... hilarious!


We got in the habit of rocking him over Christmas break since we were all over the place, but had to do some boot camp last week to get him back into putting himself to sleep. One night of crying and he remembered. I think some times he prefers to just be laid down so he can get to sleep already. (If I haven't pushed The Sleep Solution book enough and you want to do some sleep training, go get it! We've read and re-read it many times to remind us what to do.)

He eats and LOVES food. Peas and sweet potatoes are probably his favorite, but he still acts like a bird no matter what you feed him with his mouth wide open after each bite. Its hysterical! He's had a ton of different foods, and I tried rice cereal with him one day last week and it was awful. He ate it but was so gassy and cried the whole day. We will not be trying that again. The doctor told us not to mess with it since he is sleeping through the night and wasn't spitting up much, but I got a wild hair after he started spitting up more than usual. We decided we'd rather have a laundry problem than a miserable baby.

There's his bird face:



Warning: breastfeeding info ahead:::


On a similar note I'm still pumping and can hardly believe it that we made it to 6 months. Prior to Christmas I really thought I would keep doing it until 12 months as long as it lasted, but over Christmas break my milk took a nose dive. It was like one side just wouldn't let it out and in turn I started making less. I had to add another pumping time to catch back up and have stressed over it for the past 3 weeks. Today, I think I've made up my mind to ween N towards formula (glug....). I finally got to the point where I am starting to dread pumping. I even tried to nurse him again over the break in hopes he'd learned to nurse again and help fix the milk not coming out issue, but after bottles for 4 months, there was no such luck. I'm beating myself up over it, but I don't want to dread pumping and spending 3 hours a day hooked to this machine is getting old. I want to just spend it with N. I want to enjoy him and be with him rather than having to put him in the pack n' play and watch him from across the room.

Anyways,

A few other news:

We are still army crawling around. He can't quite get that belly off the ground. Also we are working on sitting up. He does the funniest thing when he gets his legs under him, but then doesn't know what to do next. Look at all those rolls!


Happy 6 months precious! We are so thankful to have you in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. He is SO perfect! And you should be proud of yourself for making it to 6 months breastfeeding! That's great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails