Saturday, June 2, 2012

PRK Recovery 3 weeks

Well, three weeks have passed and I am doing great! I did the eye test at work on Thursday and I was pretty much 20/20. I say pretty much because it was still a little fuzzy and I was semi-guessing, but I got most of them right, so that is HUGE improvement. The blurriness and fuzziness has dissipated almost completely. I only put the re-wetting drops in my eyes when I get something in them or they itch because I am still nervous about rubbing them. The after-care information said to not rub my eyes for 2 months.

Anyways, if you are reading this because you googled PRK surgery, hang in there until 3 weeks. I didn't think I'd make it here, I was very frustrated for most of the first 2 weeks, but now I'm good! I am hoping it even gets better because I have read that after I stop the steroid drops (in 1 more week) healing gets even better.

We shall see!

**7 month update:
My vision is perfect. I had to use the rewetting drops in the morning for awhile and I thought that may be for the rest of my life, but somewhere after the 2nd or 3rd month I just stopped needing them. Night vision was also one of the slowest to recover, but it did finally get to a point that I don't notice a difference. I can see great and hardly think about my eyes, which is WONDERFUL! I won't go back to the eye-doctor until one-year, but am anticipating all will be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails