Monday, July 5, 2010

The hiatus

I've been reading blogs, but have not posted any of my own in a bit. I have been in a serious funk the past two weeks. It started with finding out I did not get the job that I so very wanted.

However, my dissappointment and saddness came inappropriately, because I prayed SO hard for God's guidance. For him to show me, clearly, where he wanted me to be before I accepted the job I didn't get. Well, he clearly gave me a direct answer of, No. That job was NOT for me. Two weeks later I'm okay with it. It really isn't about why and that is something that I have learned this past year: to stop questioning and to start trusting. I never really wondered why and knew/know that God has a perfect reason, but it still didn't make it any easier, so I just cried. Probably not the best way to trust.

The very next morning, Ben and I drove to Tallahassee to throw a shower for my cousin. She is due in just a couple weeks so we got as many of the family in town as we could to celebrate.


This is my sweet sweet Aunt Treecie that took me on the women's retreat back in April and I am so thankful for her in my life. She is such an amazing woman of God and wonderful aunt. She is truly the kindest person I know and I am blessed to call her family. She has definitely helped me get through the past two weeks for sure.


Then Tuesday, in spite of all that Dave Ramsey has taught me, I stood in line at 5am to get an iphone that I have waited oh-so-long for!!! And yes, it is fabulous. It was definitely a careless, how the heck will I pay for this, pity party purchase though.

Now I just need to figure out how to blog from it and we'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails