Sunday, February 7, 2010

Movie Review: Crazy Heart - I'll try to not spoil it for you

Have you even heard of this one? It looks like it came out last year, but is just now in theaters?

Anyways, I went to the movies today with my mother hoping to see Leap Year, but it was not playing so we chose the only other option, Crazy Heart. Well this one is a weird one guys. It has apparently won 13 awards and been nominated for 13 or so more... and wow. I'm a little shocked at that, but then again its always the weird ones that win. Maggie Gyllenhaal is in it so you know its a little different. I think she only does indie films or something doesn't she?

Well this movie is pretty much about a washed-up, alcoholic, country-singer (Jeff Bridges) and has a decent ending, but all the in between is a little strange and a little slow. The music is really good though... if you like country music.... and there is a surprise visit from a very good-looking Collin Farrell... probably the best part of the movie. That or the hot air balloon (Do you know about my love of hot air balloons?)

My take on the movie: its a little sad, a little creepy, some great music, and in the end it ended like it should. I'll give it 2.5 out of 5 stars. I'd definitely watch it again, but I didn't leave thinking it was the best thing I'd ever seen.

Have you seen this one? What'd you think??

1 comment:

  1. I saw that it got a bunch of awards but I had never heard of it. I went to see Dear John on Friday night and there was a preview for Crazy Heart. You did a nice review without giving anything away :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails