Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not feeling it.

I really have wanted to update you on all the great things of life, but am just not feeling it AT. ALL. today for some reason.

I had 3 interviews last week! Which were wonderful. One Monday, one Tuesday and one Wednesday and I think they all went really really well.

Then Thursday was graduation that finally ended with 428 seniors graduating at 8:30pm. I was glad that I was able to get a million hours that day, but the next morning I immediately drove to Florida (after a lot of heaves and hos about whether to go or not). I rode down there with my mother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew. This was nothing short of a LONG trip. We stayed at my grandmother's house on the Atlantic coast which is wonderfully relaxing... most of the time. Maybe because it was such a fast trip or because Ben wasn't there... I don't know... it just wasn't what I'd hoped and needed.

Saturday we went to my cousins wedding 2 hours away. It was beautiful. She was beautiful!

My sister-in-law was a grouch though, my niece screamed. It was just again, a LONG day.

We made it back to my grandmother's house by 1am, woke up the next morning for more family time. Tried to love my precious nephew as much as possible. (He doesn't have enough of it in his life), and I stressed about him all day. If there was anyone I could scoop up and take away from everything in the world it would be him. He is so sweet and deserving. I know this doesn't make any sense without the back story here, but just know his life stresses me out.

Monday I woke up 2 minutes after I was supposed to have left for the airport to fly back home, thankfully, I made it in time to nearly strip down for security purposes and catch my plane back to Birmingham. After being kicked for an hour and a half by a monogrammed mickey-mouse-ear-wearing 4-year-old, I decided next time I'm calling my doctor for anxiety medicine. I also sat in an emergency exit seat for the extra leg room, and by the middle of the flight I was convinced that my last dying moment would be to help people get off the plane.

My dad picked me up from the airport and we went to the family store to work for the rest of the day.... I finally made it home last night around 7.

After everything going 90mph, I'm just not feeling it.

I am very much in a funk today. It could be that I missed church Sunday and that I want a job and a baby and a real relaxing weekend, Ben is also out of town so I have no one to tell me I'm being an idiot and to snap out of it!

Tomorrow I am going to two more schools to apply for jobs. Wish me luck!

I'll be back tomorrow with my happy self.



  1. I've been in such a funk this week too... I think it's something in the air lady! So snap out of it! :)

  2. I hope you hear something soon from all those interviews you went on :).


Related Posts with Thumbnails